Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Darth Curious and Questions of Faith

The girls like to play Star Wars. No, they have never seen the movies and only know bits and pieces of the story. But Princess Leah and Queen Amadala, Luke and Darth Vader often run through the hall, living room and kitchen blasting and light-sabering on their way to the next adventure.

2 days ago.....

The kids and I were sitting on my bed waking up for the day. Keely climbed down and we didn't see her for a few minutes. From the foot of the bed comes a deep Keelyish voice proclaiming, "I'm Darth Curious!!!" A strangely fitting description.....

Today at lunch.....

We were talking about Jesus and God's wrath being poured out on sinners (us), but Jesus taking it on himself so that we can adopted as God's children. The conversation seemed to be keeping both girls engaged. Abbie was understanding and following along and so was Keely it seemed. And then the questions from Keely (a.k.a. Darth Curious) "What if the cupboards said " I don't beleive in God? What if the cupboards wear diapers!, Did Jesus toot?"
I pray that one day her curiosity will lead her to ask the right questions and to have them answered by the One who designed her to be curious, but for now I'm left thinking that blessed are the curious for their parents shall never be bored.


A few more recent Keely quotes:

"What if Satan comes to our house?"

"I heard a car in my mouth mom, it went down my throat."

1 comment:

Faith Koontz said...

LOL!!! That was so funny! I love you Keely!!