Monday, October 1, 2007

Empirical Evidence


The other day we were all laying in our bed in the morning and Keely got up and left the room and tried to shut my door (which usually means she is up to mischeif!) I used to be able to pretend I was sad and fake cry and she would run back in the room but that trick doesn't work anymore. So I told Geoff that if I called down the hall that there were monsters she would probably come running back to the room. But that would be too mean right? Well, I called out, "Hey Keely, watch out for monsters" and she came racing back down the hall half crying with fear....mean mommy that I am! I gave her a hug and told her that monsters aren't real and that she doesn't need to be afraid of them. Well, she ran out of the room again and went and grabbed a book off the shelf called "My Moster Momma Loves Me" and brought it to me, pointed at the monster on the front cover and said loudly, "REAL!"

1 comment:

eric O said...

I'm with Keely. Just wait until she sees (I'm sure she already has) all the monsters there are to see on TV. The evidence is everywhere, if you just take the time to look. My recommendation to you, Geoff and Leah, is that you never show her a picture or introduce her to Kevin Youkilis of the Boston Red Sox. He is a real life monster and scares the heck outta me, a grown man, with fully developed rational faculties (I guess the "fully developed rational faculties" part is debatable). Do you guys have "There's a Monster At the End of This Book"? That could help Keely know that some monsters aren't all bad.